Frequently asked questions and their answers for the end of the year.
When and how do I enter my Winter Recess hours?
Because business requirements vary in each department, all staff must formally request winter recess days off, and their managers must approve the time off in Workday. Winter Recess hours will be available to enter on December 15th. Link to University Policy – https://policy.usc.edu/winter-recess/
Is the Payroll Office open during Winter Recess?
No. Our offices will close at 12PM on 12/24/2019 and will reopen 1/2/2020.
How will I approve non-exempt timesheets on December 26th during the Winter Recess Break?
We highly encourage all supervisors to approve non-exempt timesheets no later than December 24th. Missing time will not be processed until after the break.
How will I receive my December 31, 2019 paycheck?
All checks will be mailed via USPS mail to the address listed on the check. Please log into workday and ensure your address is correct on file. Checks without an address cannot be mailed and will be held in our office until claimed.
When will I received the new 2020 payroll calendars?
We will receive the new calendars from Central payroll before the Winter Recess break. A pre-determined amount will be disbursed on pay day and via intercampus mail per request.
What is the last day graduating students can work?
December 19th, graduating students who wish to work past graduation must be transferred to a staff or resource employee.
When can students work more than 20 hours?
December 19th – January 12th (If budget permits)
How do I receive an electronic copy of my W-2?
LOG into Workday:
- On the Workday dashboard go to “USC Quicklinks”
- Select “ADP W2s – Enrollment Instructions”
- Follow the steps
- Need help? E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you prefer to receive your W-2 through USPS mail, please make sure your mailing address is correct in Workday.
Must Haves to register for an electronic W-2:
- New employees may not register for Electronic W-2 delivery with ADP until after they have actually been paid by USC
- Updated registration files are sent weekly, every Friday morning, to ADP
- Know your 7 digit employee number!
- Know the zip code of the home address you used in Workday!