If your USC paycheck is lost, stolen, or destroyed, please follow the instructions below to get a new one issued.

  1. Download and print out a Stop Payment Form.
  2. Fill out the form completely and explain the reason for the stop payment request. If you need information or assistance completing the form, contact your department’s Payroll Coordinator.
  3. A stop payment will be placed on the check and you may pick up a replacement check from after 3 working days if the stop request is successful.
  4. If the original check is found later, do not attempt to cash or deposit it. Return the original check to your payroll coordinator.
  5. You will be notified if we could not stop payment (if the check had already been cashed, for example).